Tom Yum Gai: (with after suggestions)
3 c. chicken broth
1 13oz can coconut milk
1/2 chicken breast, cooked and chopped or shredded
3 stalks lemongrass*
1/2 onion, chopped
1 small can straw mushrooms*
6 small crimini mushrooms, quartered
3 baby carrots, sliced thin
1 garlic clove, minced
2-3 T. soysauce
zest of 1 lemon
zest of one small ginger piece (about the size of your index finger)
1-1.5 tsp sugar
dash seshwan seasoning, or some type of pepper
8 cherry tomatoes, halved (put in near the end so they boil only for 10-20 min)
* the lemon grass, only put it in if you know what part of it to chop. Whatever part I chopped ended up being too woody and hard. I've heard you can substitute more lemon and ginger zest for it. Also, I didn't like the straw mushrooms from the can... I think it'd be better next time just to have more crimini mushrooms.
DELICIOUS!! YUM YUM YUM!! Really satisfied. Ryan ate his with rice, and Amy loved the crimini mushrooms. Essentially put it all in a pot and let it boil for 40 minutes.
1 comment:
That sounds really good. We love Thai food! Question: where do you get your lemongrass?
Post a Comment