
We had Esther's baby blessing yesterday, and had a wonderful time with all our family visiting.
(Incidentally, that beautiful painting in the background was painted by my wonderful Mom - it's an ocean scape, if you can't tell).
Amy loved having her Oma to visit, as did I. I always love seeing my Mom and am grateful she's not only my mother, but my friend.

Esther Constance got to meet one of the women she was named for, Constance Erickson, who is a dear dear friend. I lived with Constance for 6 months when I was saving up money for college and she helped and blessed me greatly by her example, friendship and unconditional love. I will forever be indebted to her for boosting my self-esteem and believing in me, even when I did not.
We blessed Esther in the same dress that I was blessed in 26 years ago. I love being a mother.

Amy enjoyed having Opa read to her and was happy to have him sitting by us at church. They are such cute pals.

Most of Ryan's family was able to be there for the blessing, which was really great. We missed his Mom, Ben, Alissa, and Joe and Jack. His sister Stephanie even came, though she just gave birth two weeks ago. All of Ryan's sisters are beautiful, and it's nice that it looks like Amy and Esther are taking after them in appearance -- though, I think I may want to buy a bat to keep boys away.
Ryan's aunt and uncle, Brenda and Jurgen came with their kids... we love them, and are glad they got married, because in a way, it led to our being

married, since Jurgen was the one who told the Weights about the canyon where we lived, and they built up there. :)
1 comment:
Thanks for the pics! Nice to see everyone and Esther is a doll. She does look quite a bit like Amy.
Post a Comment