So, I've had several good days, where I feel like I've not been too shabby as a wife, Mom, cook, house-cleaner... those days don't always happen... but here are some amazing things that this chicka has done of late:
I made Ryan's family's famous chocolate cake with caramel icing.. and it did not sugar -- it was smooth like a truffle. The first time I had this cake, I didn't realize what the big deal was... yeah, it was good, but I like pie too. No... once you've had his grandma's cake, since she's made about 6000 of them and has it down to a science, you begin to understand that this cake is out of this world! The icing is like a caramel fudge. My problem, for each of the 15-20 times I've made it? The icing sugars... it still tastes good, but it's not smooth and creamy. It would be the difference between eating a slightly gritty chocolate bar, and a truffle. I was making it very quickly on Sunday because we had some friends over, and for all the effort I've done in the past to try and figure out how to make it not 'sugar' or turn gritty, I didn't have the time to do that Sunday, so I said: "Ryan, it's going to sugar, but you'll still love it, so it's okay." I hardly watched the caramel boil down on the stove, and only stirred it occasionally. I took it off to cool, and for whatever reason that I do not comprehend or understand -- it did not sugar this time... it was as smooth as silk!! Just as good as Grandma Lou's!
Monday,
I did two loads of laundry.
I did two loads of dishes and put them away so my kitchen was clean and ready to go.
I swept the kitchen floor.
I cleaned up toys etc/ numerous times.
I read all of our books to Amy.
I played hide and seek with Esther.
I remembered to post Kaley's letter on time.
I read my scriptures and wrote in my journal.
I made yam pancakes for breakfast, alfredo veggies and noodles for lunch, and potato fries for dinner... a big feat for me, because I am not always interested in preparing food when I'm prego, and breakfast I'm most lazy at.
I finished my last institute assignment, so I will graduate from Institute. :)
I changed the nastiest diaper I've seen to date (cloth), and then 2 hours later, changed it's equal (disposable).
I straightened and organized the book shelf.
I cut out and pinned two sewing projects.
I was feeling quite good last night as I lay myself down to rest. :) It may not look like a lot to you, but to me -- it was colossal, and made me feel like maybe I'm not so bad after all.
3 comments:
Wow, you've been real busy & doing a lot for being pregnant! Way to go! And the trick to making caramel is NOT to stir it till it"s golden & done, so I'm glad you figured it out even if you didn't "mean to."
Man, that is getting a lot done in one day. Since I know thing like Hide-go-seek can take many hours if you want it to.
Sounds like a good day :) I'm glad things turned out well with your appt. in the end too!
Post a Comment