So, I like Linux, but I can't figure out to upload photos with it...
What's been happening in the Weight household? Well, lots this week.
We've had our rounds of being sick with a nasty cold -- it's Esther and my turn now.
While being sick, Amy watched an inordinate amount of Magic School Bus episodes, and somehow does not get sick of them... she is really a fan of Ms. Frizzle and can name all the kids in the books and movies. Her favorite episodes are Busasaurus and the corresponding book about visiting the dinasaurs, and Inside Ralphie about how he gets a sore throat and how the white blood cells attack the germs.
We got CHICKENS! :) Our good friends the Knorrs brought over their chickens, complete with awesome insulated coop built by Matt. We love them already -- the girls get SO excited about feeding them table scraps. Esther calls them 'cuck's. And we've thus far named two of them... Amy loves to gather the eggs.
I prepared the garden for planting -- the people we bought the house from left their entire crop un-harvested and when we moved in it got cold and I was not successful in ripping stuff out, but now we have a hefty pile in the middle and I've worked some of the soil under, though there's still more to do.
Baby 3 has turned head down (thanks for your prayers). Now my midwife would like me to lay more on my left side, because the baby's back is on the right side and she says there's a greater chance of having it be posterior when it lays that way. But getting head down was what I was more concerned about -- though I'd like to not have another posterior labor, at least the baby won't be breech.
I sliced my index finger with a pruning saw -- quite jagged and ugly, but thankfully it adhered back well enough that I didn't need stitches. It was gross to see how deep it was, and I'll have a loverly scar when it heals, but as long as it doesn't get infected and heals up okay, I am more than happy.
Ryan has been working like a work-horse getting his team moved over to the new office. He did not come home last night and worked more than 31 hours straight getting phones and log-ins and everything else configured. It's been quite a feat, and it's no wonder that he is zonked out on the bed right now. I'm so glad that's done and that his UK boss told him he could take a rest day tomorrow.
Esther is learning new words... so far: Bath= baaahh, enthusiastically repeated after we eat dinner; shoes = shuuujzzz; baby = beeee, Amy = meeee; apple = popple; ham = ham :); poopy = puuuupppeeeee (any word that she ends with 'eee' she gives a big smile for, it's cute).
Anyhow... we're doing well, feel very blessed, and I hope to be able to show you the floors and chickens, and garden, and everything... sometime, when Ryan's not sleeping or dead-exhausted and can tell me how to get the photos uploaded.
No comments:
Post a Comment