Sunday, May 10, 2009

Motherhood




I am grateful for mother's day, for wonderful women in my life who've been marvelous examples for me and for my own dear mother. Mom is an amazing woman -- she brightens up any surrounding. She can laugh at others and herself easily, which I admire. She is easy going and doesn't get stressed often, but she does worry a lot about her kids. I guess that's a Mom trait. I love her and am proud to have her as my Mom.

I woke up this day, fed Amy, and then promptly became covered from my shoulder down to my rear with spit up. She even managed to get all three bed pillows. Kind of appropriate I think for Mother's Day, being the first Mother's day where I've been a Mom. I thought it funny, and fitting.

Amy continues to bring such joy to our lives. She smiles and coos all the time (except when she cries and fusses). Ryan and I kept laughing last night when we tried to say prayers because she started cooing up a STORM. She's loads of fun and I love being a mother. I don't yet really know what I'm doing, but I'm trying to learn.

3 comments:

ben and shera said...

Happy Mother's Day! Cute baby dress! I think that's the one Ben picked out, so fun. Thanks for coming to visit us, we love seeing how big Amy is getting.

Jill said...

She's darling! And so are you. Happy Mother's Day!

Summer said...

I'm glad you had a good mothers day. You look so happy!