1 bunch asparagus, chopped 1 inch
1/2 onion, chopped
3 stalks colorful chard, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
Let boil and simmer in 1 T. butter and 1/2 c. water, stirring constantly
Add 1/2 c. of the wonderful dry cream soup mix:
(2 c. powdered milk, 1/4 c. chicken boulion, 3/4 c. cornstarch,
1-2 T. dehydrated onion flakes, 1-2 T. italian seasoning spice)
And 3-4 c. water... fiddle with adding more cream soup powder if it's not thick enough for you. Add 1/2 chicken breast, sauteed, and chopped into small pieces. Ryan loved it, I loved it... even Amy loved it (blended in the blender for her).
The following video needs a forward: Amy loves cheese. She also is just getting to the point that she can see over our counter. I'd shredded some cheese for pizza, and this block was at the edge. Before we knew it, Amy'd reached up, grabbed it, and toddled off with it. She even left a few bite marks in it.
2 comments:
We love Bountiful Baskets. We've did it weekly in the summer and have tapered off this winter. Isn't it so much fun? Never knowing what kind of fruits or vegetables you'll get but always getting a fabulous variety? I'm glad you guys are loving it.
Yay for you! I've been doing it for a few months now and I STILL get excited about picking up my produce on Saturday mornings.
Thanks for posting the asparagus soup recipe. It looks so tasty and, well, I've got three bunches of asparagus that I've got to figure out how to use up...
And that cheese story is one of the best ever. All hail Amy-- Queen Of Queso!!!!
Post a Comment