
So, we found this beetle (photo courtesy of InsectaCulture) yesterday. It was about an inch or more long, and so big and shiny we just had to catch it and put it in a jar for Amy to see when she awoke from her nap. She thought it was also very cool, and we let it go in the dirt in the front yard, and I had to keep Amy back from scooping it up again. I love that she delights in nature and little marvels like beetles and ants and grasshoppers and spiders, without just stomping on them.
It's been a while since I've posted, and since I posted a lot of things have been happening in the Weight household -- we've started listening to Jazz, much to the delight of Amy and Esther who bounce to the music (Amy dances, Esther bounces). Ella Fitzgerald is a favorite for the time being. We've made some random deserts (like Tiramasu, a rich Italian desert normally made with raw eggs, liquor and coffee, but obviously that would be disgusting, so I made mine with Pero (like Postum) and no eggs, and it was very good... but VERY rich. If you want the recipe, email me. We enjoyed General Conference together as a family. And we've been collecting a lot of Apple boxes from Macey's because....
WE'RE BUYING A HOUSE!! :) We feel very blessed. This is our 4th offer on a house in the last 4 years (all of which have been accepted) but this one is in much better condition and will be a great for a growing family. There are three bedrooms downstairs, and the master bedroom on the main level with a walk in closet big enough for a crib, so in essence there are 4 bedrooms. ;) I thought there would even be another one, because there's another room downstairs, but it will have to just be for storage because it's too close to the furnace. It passed inspection today and we're feeling quite good about things. Sadly, I have no photos, because after it was accepted, the MLS went offline, so you'll just have to wait a month until we move in and take pictures.
5 comments:
WOO HOO!!! A first house is such an exciting thing. We can't wait to come and visit you there. Will you still be in Logan?
Congratulations! So excited for you guys! Wish we could buy a house in Logan!
Congrats on the house. I am excited to see pictures!
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.
Congratulations on a house! What a great time to buy too. Is in Logan?
Post a Comment