Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mo and Dee and Amy quotes

Amy has two imaginary friends: Mo and Dee. It's taken me a month to figure out that they were just that... imaginary. These are the details I've been able to figure out from her.

Mo is a girl, and Dee is a boy. Dee seems to be somewhat mischievous (he sometimes pats Mo on the cheeks and makes her sad, or does handstands and coins in his pockets go everywhere). They are sometimes Esther's age, and sometimes really old. One time she told me they where space helmets (the way she said it was 'bowls on their head and they can see'.)

Ryan and I both had imaginary friends as children, so I'm not too concerned... we're normal, right?

Other funny Amy-isms recently:

We told her my parents were coming up for Thanksgiving and this is the conversation that followed.
Me: "Oma and Opa, and Uncle Ben and Aunt Shera and cousin Rylee are coming. Opa's going to bring a big turkey bird for us to eat" (My Dad's been telling her for a few months about the bird and stuffing, and she's very excited about it)

Amy: "Opa's going to bring 3 turkey birds."

Ryan: "Oh, that would be a lot of turkey. Too much for Daddy even to eat."

Amy: "Amy would eat it up... Amy would eat it all gone!"

Ryan: "But turkeys are big birds Amy... as big as you."

Amy: Looking incredulous "Noooooooooooooo!!" Totally didn't believe us at all!! I guess she'll find out Thursday.


Also, yesterday we went to the Temple while our FABULOUS Katie sister/friend baby held down the fort for us. As I was tucking in Amy before we left, she said:

"Are you going to marry Daddy?"

Me: "I already am married to Daddy."

Amy: "Are you going to marry Daddy again in the Temple tonight."

Me: "We are going to the Temple tonight."

Amy: "I could just go to the Temple... if I had a blue skirt."


1 comment:

Steph said...

Love the quotes. Keep 'em coming Amy!